Saturday 30 April 2011

Spring Lambs




This lamb thought I was its mother for a few seconds. It came right up to my lens as you see here. A second or so afterwards you could see the panic in her eyes as she realised she'd been a bit gormless.




I have seen my fair share of lambs this season. These lambs were in a neighbouring field, I spent an afternoon commando crawling through their excrement to capture these up and personal shots.
I found that in the afternoon sun the sheep became very lazy and not as skittish. If I walked towards them they would run away as soon as they saw me, but if I crawled on my stomach, they didn't flinch. I could photograph a lamb and give it a stroke afterwards. A few of the younger ones would come and investigate to see what I was doing, knowing that a human wouldn't dream of lying down in the poo they just created. When they confirmed that I was doing just that they scampered away.
How can we eat these? They are so cute and inquisitive, each has their own little personality.
After the sun went down and I was told to wash as dinner was served. Lamb chops, my favourite!


1 comment:

  1. Simply fantastic. I just came across your website and your landscape picture are just awe inspiring. But with these lambs you have just captured the sheer joy of country side at the moment.
    Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete