Friday 10 April 2009



Lihou Island - Guernsey

(Click on photo for larger version)

The previous wave crashed onto the rock in the foreground, soaking my entire equipment. Camera, filters, clothes! After a few minutes cleaning everything, I captured this shot as the wave receded.

These types of shots are all about timing. I had to wait for the right wave, too big and it would hide Lihou Island in the background, too small and it would not have had the same dramatic impact. Timing is essential to get close enough to the action to give the viewer a feeling of being in my shoes, and getting out of the way in order not to scooter home soaked. Haven't perfected that!

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome shot- Lihou looks magical. Brings back some great memories, although I never remember it looking as stunning as this. You've captured the essence perfectly- well done! :)

    ReplyDelete