Tuesday 28 April 2009



1950's Chevrolet - Havana - Cuba

(Click on photo for larger version)

A recent trip to Cuba gave me the opportunity to photograph Havana. This old 1950's American car (no idea what make) was sitting sadly on the side of the road with blocks as wheels. I took it with my 17-40mm lens , practically toching the car with the front of the lens. I waited until a car came past to give the photo some movement. A old woman told me in spanish that it was a piece of rubbish, and couldn't understand why I was taking a photograph of it. I hope you can!

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking Chevrolet John............'50-'52 perhaps.
    Great shots, and since Cuba seems closer and closer to the eventual end of the embargo that has made these cars essential, very timely. Surely it cannot be long until they too vanish from the Cuban way of life.

    ReplyDelete