Wednesday 19 October 2011

John-made-frames

I have always wanted to make my own frames. Friends and family have nudged me towards framing courses, however I don't want to make standard frames, I want to make frames that are different. I am bored of thin black frames.


So today I went on a mission, I found this beat-up old window frame and loved the rusty handle and broken hinges on the sides, giving the frame its individual charm and character. This is something that most frames lack in my opinion.

I got it re-glazed and removed the wildlife from the corners and I was ready...sort of.

Now I have this frame, what image do I put in it? Scroll through my images on my website www.johnalexander.me.uk and you will find pretty much zero vertical images, let alone a panoramic vertical image that was needed for this frame. I had to shoot a new image.

I went to scout out my Oxfordshire workshop location as I knew there are some great textures there - rusty door handles, latches, peeling paint that would look great in this frame.

I found this old school tractor I thought was might work - gnarled beams, bales, clapped-out old Ford Tractor. Seemed like a pretty good recipe to me.










I would love to know what you  think of the frame? Shall I do another one?

John


2 comments:

  1. Yes! how about a scenic picture taken from a window put in a window frame?

    ReplyDelete
  2. V. Arty Matthew! I nearly took a photograph of a window pane...looked a bit weird though

    ReplyDelete