Monday 10 October 2011

Andalucia - Spain - Textures & Patterns

I am pretty sure that I was the only person on the plane who looked up at the sky when stepping out of the plane and hoped billowing clouds would appear. 

Clear blue skies are great for holidays but not so great for landscape photographers as there is no drama in the shots. I want stormy skies, colourful sunrises and big waves. 

Due to terrible weather (for landscape photographers!) and perfect heavenly weather for everyone else, I changed my mindset, and instead of looking for the usual big sweeping scenes, I aimed for TEXTURES and PATTERNS. 

Look for bold colours, simple patterns, and textures. It is hard to convey it on the web but when these photographs are printed they will look sharp and as if you can peel off the paint with your finger!




Peely Paint - My favourite. 


 Abandoned buildings scatter the landscape around Almeria. When most people lie by the pool, gradually tanning themselves until burnt, I found myself climbing through collapsed roofs of abandoned farmhouses and treading on their dodgy floors with rotten beams.






I asked this fisherman in my perfect GCSE standard Spanish if I could take some photographs of him repairing his fishing lines. I thanked him and as I left he asked to be interviewed! I didn't think my Spanish would stretch as far as hooks, fishing lines, and species of fish, so instead I smiled and ran away before he thought I was more gifted at Spanish than I actually am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment