Tuesday 24 January 2012

Hand-made, custom frames from old doors, fences, cupboards... etc.

If you read my blog on my 'John-Made-Frames - how they are made' last year,  you may (or may not) be interested to read about the most recent and the upcoming frames to be made.

Since I posted that blog a few months back I have had a lot of interested from individuals with a spare, plain wall in their house which they would like to fill up with one of my photographs, super-sized and complimented by a custom-made, very original frame.

I have made frames out of old cupboard doors, window frames, retired fences, former gates, drift wood,  reclaimed beams from demolished houses and old door frames. Basically anything with an aperture in it, I will make a frame out of it! If you have any ideas, please send them my way!

The latest photograph and frame is a beach scene in Mexico completed with old oak beams.

Since those whom I have shown the photos and frames to didn't realise how big they are from the blog post  in December, I have regrettably decided to put myself in the photographs to illustrate their size.

The ones in the photographs have already been sold but I am able to make similar styles:


The Mexico Print - Story behind the image:



Nun's Cross Farm: The story behind the image:






I apologise for the poor photography in this post - as you can see I had no part in the process. I hope you can still get the idea.

Please email me on info@johnalexander.me.uk if you are interested - We can then design the photo/frame combination of your choice!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment